- The 2014-15 Curling season will begin on:
- Sunday Nov. 9th @ 5:30
- Wednesday Nov. 12th @ 5:30 & 7:00.
- Season will run through the end of February.
- There will be 14 matches (you play everyone twice) plus the end of year Bonspiel. That’s less than $11/night!
- Due to Holidays, Wednesday Nighters will curl on Monday Nov. 24th and Monday Dec. 22nd at the usual times. Mark those dates down. Sundays will not change.
- There will be no curling the week between Christmas and New Year’s (Dec. 28th and 31st).
- This year it is NO PAY, NO PLAY. Teams will not be allowed to curl until all of their dues are We still have people who have not paid from past years.
- We also are requiring only one check per team. In years past we have received 70 or more checks. It is extremely difficult to know which check is for whom or what team.
- If you have any questions concerning payment of dues, contact Grant Asell at: email@example.com
- We have hired someone to set up the ice again before each match.
- We want to set up a pool of potential curlers/subs. If you know anyone interested in curling as a sub or full time, Jerry Demars will be the point man for this & can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judy Bowe retired as Secretary. We need someone to step up to the plate and take her place. Duties are mainly, but not limited to taking notes once a month at our board meetings. Please help us out.
- We are still looking for an 8th team for Sundays. Shake the bushes and help us find them. They are there; we just need to get the word out. Again, discounts for first time teams are available.
- We ordered some new sliders and broom heads to replace worn out ones.
- Schedules will be out as soon as all teams have paid.
- If you want additional people from your team to receive emails, send me their email addresses.
- There will be a . All are welcome, but please make sure at least one representative from your team is there. We want everyone involved to discuss and plan for the upcoming season. Plan to make your team’s payment at that time (if not sooner). The Playoffs/Bonspiel may get tweaked this year – Team input will be needed
Each year we offer ad space for our local restaurants on the ice. If you are interested in purchasing ad space on the ice, please contact our club. 3rd Base Bar & Grill, Village Square, Lucky Moose Bar & Grill, Cafe Zona Rosa, Am. Legion Post 134, Bensons, Outdoorsman Cafe, The Boulders, Baker Law Office, Leech Lake Brewing